The 56th edition of the history of science blog carnival, The Giant’s Shoulders, is up at The Dispersal of Darwin! In this edition, you can read about:
- How a (sort of) believer in ancient astronauts almost became U.S. President,
- The searchers of the dead: the unappreciated 16th people who collected and inspected the bodies of plague victims,
- Forgeries, lies, and deception in history,
- Charles Darwin’s geological studies,
- Macaque and dagger in the simian space race: how espionage and science crossed paths in early space exploration,
- and much more!
Many thanks to Michael Barton for putting together a really interesting and large carnival!
We’re still looking for more hosts for the carnival, but next month I will host The Giant’s Shoulders at my home blog Skulls in the Stars, posting on the 16th! Submissions can be sent directly to me via email, blog comment, or twitter.